Tuesday, February 12, 2013

DCA Trip Report 2/11/2013

My brother and his family came down from Bakersfield. They went to DCA and got into Cars Land at rope drop. I came late due to a crash on the fwy. But I met up with them at the exit of Radiator Springs Racers, which they loved. My brother now knows why the Fast Passes are gone in 45 minutes and there's always more then a 2 hour wait. Once we met up I led them to Luigi's Flying Tires, then Mater's Junkyard Jamboree. Cars Land knock out. Then walked to Condor Flats and watched Minnie's Fly Girls and rode Soarnin Over California.
Via Twitter

Soarin Over California gets me every time. I love the smell of oranges
Aw! Thanks for soaring with us!

Next was Hollywood Land. Went to the Animation building and watched Turtle Talk with Crush. Then walked over to Hyperion Theater to watch Aladdin. Best line from Genie "Your famous for no reason, you have a reality show, and your having Kanye's baby. Your wishes are up girl." Even bashed Beyonce, Justin Beiber, and Manti Te'o.
From there went to Bugs Land and rode in order, Flik's Flyers, Francis' Ladybug Boogie, Heimlich's Chew Chew Train then watched It's Tough To Be A Bug.

Went over to Paradise Pier and saw some Lunar New Year decorations and rode Little Mermaid.
          
Time for lunch. My only meal that day was from Corndog Castle. Corndog, kettle chips and a Coke.
Went across the way the Jumpin Jelly Fish, then Micky's Fun Wheel, Non-Swinging Gondola. My 5y/o niece was the only one who wanted the swinging gondola. Gotta love her. 
Then we all battled it out on Midway Mania. Crappy score but still beat everyone. Longest wait of the day 45min


Time for my favorite ride, California Screamin and it was only a 15 min wait.   
Final ride of the night went to another round at Mater's Jamboree. My brother couldnt stop talking about the music being sung by Mater during the ride. Walked around Buena Vista street then said goodbye to the family. Havent spent that long in the park since One More Disney Day.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment