Sunday, February 24, 2013

DCA Trip Report 2/18/2013

All we kept hearing about is rain, rain rain for today, and it wouldn't come till later in the day. So we decided to go later in the day to DCA. But today was also special not just for me, but my wife also. She recently found out that she got a job so it turned into a celebration in a way.
We got into DCA at around 4pm and food was on our mind. But it was soooooooo cold, so we decided on bread bowls from Pacific Wharf Cafe, and I was going to get my Corn Chowder. But as I looked at the menu, it wasn't on there. NOOOOOOO! So I got the Clam Chowder instead. I asked a cast member why they didn't serve the Corn Chowder anymore? She said it wasn't a favorite so they took it off the menu.
Clam Chowder Bread Bowl from Pacific Wharf Cafe


Clam Chowder bread bowl from Pacific Wharf Cafe in will warm me up on a cold day @ Pacific…

What a perfect meal for a chilly day! Yum!

The soup was very warm and bread was crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. But my wife was disappointed with the quality of the Broccoli Cheese . It did taste different to me too. But still satisfying none the less
After we ate, I thought I'd have fun by feeding the ducks.

We were still waiting for the rain. It was so cloudy and windy, we were sure it was going to come soon.
We walk through Cars Land and noticed there was no wait for Mater's Junkyard Jamboree. Hopped on that really quick. Fan as always.
Then walked over to Hollywood Land. While we walked there we watched the Pixar Play Parade.

Finally we made it through the heavy crowd to Hollywood Land (I hate the new name) and watched Aladdin at Hyperion Theater. My wife hasnt see it since they stopped doing the Magic Carpet fly over.


Great Genie once again. Favorite line. " Your like Russel Crow from Les Mis. Except you can sing."
To conclude the night we watched "Oz The Great and Powerful" special 8 minute preview that has taken over Muppet Vision for the the time being.


Awesome preview. You could fell the wind and water droplets from the tornado. The 3D was amazing too.
Then headed home for the night.

Follow me on Twitter for Disneyland news, updates, trip reports, and food news and Instagram for pics from the Disneyland Resort. You can also catch me every now and then on Sorcerer Radio's (SRSounds.com) Disneyland Magic with your host William "Yetichaser" Hershey, airing Wednesdays at 5am pst/ 8am est for even more Disneyland news. 



No comments:

Post a Comment