Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Disneyland Trip Report 2/12/2013

Hit up Disneyland today to celebrate Mardi Gras and Lunar New Year. Got to the park really late to since I spent all day and DCA yesterday.
Got to the park around 4:30pm. Went straight to the Opera House to check in for the AP movie night of Mulan for Lunar New Year. Ive never watched it before so I was kind of excited.
After we checked in and got our bracelets we head to New Orleans Square for dinner and debated with my wife on what to eat. Cafe Orleans or The French Market? We met a very nice cast member in front of The French Market and said we were debating. I said I want to eat here but they don't have free refills like Cafe Orleans. She then said "Ill get you a refill on your drinks." SOLD! So my wife had the Red Beans and Rice with Andouille Sausage (blend of Red Bean Stew topped with Andouille Sausage over a bed of Rice Pilaf) and Iced Tea. I had the French Quarter Chicken (Southern style Oven Roasted Citrus Half Chicken, Smashed Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetables and Citrus Au Jus)
Mardi Gras tunes being played by the Disneyland house band.
 During the day I had been watching my phone like a hawk about any updates about Richard Dorner, an ex-LAPD officer who killed 4 people, 2 who were cops, and seriously injured 3 other. Even the cast member who offered us drinks came by and started talking to us about it. Very crazy. But anyway, after we ate we took the train to Tomorrowland since the Main Street station was under refurb. Bad idea not to bring my jacket. I was freezing the whole train ride, Brrrrr.
 Walked to the Opera House to enter the theater for the movie. Inside while we waited, I took this pic of Lincoln on his birthday and posted it on my Instagram.


We were one of the first people in the theater and got great seats right in the middle. I also met Jeff  Reitz who spent every single day inside Disneyland during 2012 and still going strong. Today was day 409 for him.
 Via Twitter:

Nice getting to meet you at the #APMovieNight of #Mulan.

Reply to
  1. great to meet you to at the #apmovienight of #Mulan We will definitely meet up next time I'm in the park.


Finally the movie got under way. I laughed my ass off. I couldn't believe I never watched this movie after it was over. Its was excellent. And that concluded the day. Didn't really get a chance to see any of the True Love Week decorations. Hoping to before it ends this weekend.

Follow me on Twitter @big_bubba_b for Disneyland news, updates, trip reports, and food news. You can also catch me every now and then on Sorcerer Radio's (SRSounds.com) Disneyland Magic with your host William "Yetichaser" Hershey, airing Wednesdays at 5am pst/ 8am est for even more Disneyland news. 


No comments:

Post a Comment